How it Works
Interested in Sportify protection?
1. Complete & Submit the on-line Quick Indication Request Form or the Full Online Application
For quick (non-binding) insurance cost estimate- submit Quick Indication Request (via menu tab)
2. When Completing the indication request or full online application please note:
- Be sure to specify high school and/or club/academy team(s) participation
- Indicate an estimate of yearly college attendance total costs.
- Elect contact method of underwriter decision/quote delivery :
- By email (quote issued by a licensed insurance agent)
- Phone call appointment (for discussion with a licensed insurance agent)
- Remember to E-SIGN the application declaration & UPLOAD a file or DESCRIBE IN TEXT BOX coverage eligibility
- Submit the application (to be reviewed for acceptance by underwriters)
- After you submit the online application and a QUOTE is issued by the underwriters please bear in mind:
- A limit of insurance (USD 25,000 to 250,000 lump sum benefit) will be proposed in the quote if the application is accepted.
- The quote will require that you select coverage type based on:
- sports participation accident* only or
- sports participation accident & 5 named illnesses^
- The desired Policy Term: 12 / 24 or 36 months
- *Sport Participation Accident involves a single, sudden and unexpected accident, during the course of: A) games, matches, scrimmages, tournaments B) practice sessions; C) workouts, treatment/ rehab sessions; D) while in-transit via ground/air for the purposes of transportation to & from items A; B & C above.
- ^Named illnesses defined as: 1) Stroke; 2) Heart Attack; 3) Parkinson’s Disease; 4) Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) & 5) Cancer (14 specified cancer types): 1. Brain; 2.Breast; 3. Cervical; 4. Colorectal 5. Extracranial Germ Cell Tumor; 6. Leukemia; 7. Liver; 8. Lymphoma; 9. Melanoma; 10. Bone; 11. Soft Tissue Sarcoma; 12. Uterine Sarcoma; 13. Testicular & 14. Thyroid
If you would like to purchase (bind) coverage after reviewing the insurance quote (specifying terms and conditions of the insurance contract) please select your method of payment:
- On-line portal – payment up front
- Premium Finance Options
3. Once Policy is Bound & Paid
A Lloyd’s Insurance Certificate and policy document will be issued to the insured electronically outlining the confirmed terms and conditions of the insurance contract.
Policy period billing is annual so please be sure to renew coverage per the instructions on your policy renewal notification (90 days prior to the 12-month policy period cycle or expiration)
Stay connected with Sportify up-coming partner special offers, events and scholar-athlete and recruiting industry reports
In the event of a claim; please follow the instructions outlined in the claims procedure section on your policy document. Please remember:
- 20-Day reporting period to notify & submit proof of disability
- 90-Day reporting period to submit full incident report
- 6-month* continuous 'elimination' (waiting) period after diagnosing permanent disability
*6 months is the standard elimination (waiting) period - refer to your specific policy documents. NOTE: PLEASE REFER TO THE ACTUAL INSURANCE POLICY FOR COMPLETE DETAILS OF COVERAGE AND EXCLUSIONS. THE POLICY WORDING, 'COLLEGE ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIP WITHDRAWAL PROTECTOR' , WILL FORM THE ENTIRE BASIS FOR THE INSURANCE CONTRACT AND WILL SUPERSEDE ANY AND ALL SPECIFICATIONS, QUOTES, AND PRIOR OFFERS OF COVERAGE UNLESS SPECIFICALLY AGREED BY THE UNDERWRITERS AND CONFIRMED TO THE APPLICANT IN WRITING. RISKO STRATEGIES, LLC/ SPORTIFY WILL NOTE BE HELD LIABLE TO ANYONE IN CONNECTION TO THE MISUSE OR MISREPRESENTATION OF THE CONTENTS HEREIN.